Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sewing!

I finally was able to get myself a sewing machine, a very basic one. I've never been great at sewing, especially since my mom banned me from using her machine when I managed to get the thread thoroughly tangled into an impenetrable ball because I didn't know how to thread the top or that there was a thread that came from the bottom. But, today I managed to use my machine with only a few hiccups. Some of that was caused by the thread being too thick. Ever since we moved into our apartment last year I've wanted one of those door jam things that keep the wind from blowing under the door. The wind gets really intense here and is always causing the windows to whistle and for stuff to get blown under the door. This apartment is beautiful, but the construction was not very detail oriented. (Like gaps under the outside door.) Anyway, those door jam thingies are really expensive and usually have something like a snowman or moose on it. Not my style, so I made one myself. It turned out to be really easy to sew, just a little tricky to fill. I used a mix of rice and beans and managed to decorate my kitchen floor in the process. But I got it all done and no more wind under the door!

No comments: